Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assisting on in-house legal-related matters and liaising as necessary with external legal advisors.
- Reviewing and updating in-house documentation such as service agreements, advertisements and marketing materials to ensure compliance with local laws and good practice.
- Ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Assisting on legal related matters, including complaints, legal actions, and correspondence from regulators.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on a broad range of legal documents. Internal documents include SLAs, NDAs, Referral Agreements, etc. Documents relating to client structures, and products and services provided to clients include Escrow Agreements, Trust Deeds, Fund Administration Agreements, etc.
- Review legal aspects of new products and services.
- Assist in carrying out the compliance function of the various trust business (both private and corporate trust) and corporate services business.
- Implement and administer anti-money laundering and countering financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) policies and procedures and other Group procedures, including updating of policies and procedures.
- Conduct Client Due Diligence for onboarding of new clients, including screening client through World Check and other on-line search facilities, review and verification of client KYC documents.
- Perform client risk profile to assign AML risk rating to structures/clients and undertake periodic review of files based on clients AML risk rating.
- Manage and address compliance escalations from the business.
- Provide compliance guidance to the business.
- Engage with stakeholders with regards to compliance matters.
- Facilitate internal and external audits.
- Assist with compilation of data and preparation of reports for submission to MAS and Group Compliance.
- Assist with queries and information required from regulators.
- Carry out compliance monitoring program to ensure that the business is conducted in accordance with Group AML/CFT policies and procedures.
- Participate in projects to provide inputs from the Compliance perspective.
- Maintain Risk Register and other registers and monitor the transactions of higher risk and suspicious clients.
- Prepare, file and monitor STRs.
- Deliver and track AML training to all staff.
- Keep Management up to date with new developments in the regulatory environment.
- Lead / participate in Ad hoc duties / projects as assigned.
- Law Degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience in AML/CFT regulations
- Being IT savvy will be an advantage
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Self-motivated and meticulous attention to details
- Team player with high degree of professional integrity
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs