Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director, Finance (Corporate Compliance) and working closely with Finance and other operational departments, the Manager, Finance (Corporate Compliance) provides Corporate Compliance technical expertise and conducts risk assessments. The successful candidate should be a subject matter expert on SOX and IT General Controls as well as have a strong familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley regulations and requirements, including finance, ITGC, entity level controls. This position will be based in Vancouver, BC.
- Provides technical expertise related to Corporate Compliance within Zymeworks. Implements, updates and ensures compliance for corporate regulatory matters, including Sarbanes Oxley. Implements and oversees entity level controls, IT controls and applicable federal provincial/state statutes.
- Supports the Director, Finance (Compliance Corporate) in the areas of SOX, IT General Controls and other areas of compliance.
- Conducts risk assessment on business, IT technology and operational processes, procedures and policies, interprets audit results and makes conclusions on the adequacy and reliability of controls, prepares and presents reports/findings as necessary.
- Works with IT and external vendors to ensure compliance of computer systems that are subject to applicable regulatory frameworks, as applicable.
- Advises business partners as a subject matter expert on SOX, IT general controls issues that require compliance input.
- Ensures documentation and practices meet quality standards, applicable regulatory compliance and company guidelines/policies.
- Creates, manages, and/or maintains documents developed in conjunction with SOPs, operational policies, process narratives and work instructions.
- Contributes to annual testing and certification of controls, including coordination with external vendors and auditors.
- Participates in committee activities related to the scoping and design of systems and equipment, if needed, to ensure that they comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develops, prioritizes and controls projects based on severity of risk and non-compliance found in the risk assessment.
- Oversees the development of any required document templates.
- Confirms and/or develops required proof of effectiveness evidence for departmental SOPs ensuring they are defined, developed and collected.
- Designs audit/compliance programs to ensure ongoing evaluation and validation of controls effectiveness.
- Ensures adherence to best practices and explores opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field with a CPA (or similar) accounting designation.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ related experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and industry with extensive experience in SOX implementation, testing and compliance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CISA designation would be considered a strong addition.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in cross-functional team environment, as well as independently, and to manage multiple, complex and competing projects.
- Strong familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley regulations and requirements, including finance, ITGC, entity level controls.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, balancing near term priorities in a risk and priority based matrix.
- Experience in life sciences or pharmaceuticals processes/projects will be considered.
- Ability to lead through example and to establish an environment fostering effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Strategic thinker with strong operational orientation and the ability to establish processes, identify critical path issues and find successful solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=60 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. You can also apply by going to