We are currently seeking a Manager, ERM and Compliance. This position will develop work plans that assist the Credit Union in mitigating enterprise-wide risks, maintain compliance with Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process, Liquidity Stress Testing and other regulatory requirements and provide support and guidance to the Credit Union’s compliance, fraud, AML and privacy operations.
Under the direction of the Director, Risk and Compliance, the Manager, Compliance and Risk will:
- Manage the Credit Union’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Liquidity Stress Testing (LST), Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) & Common Reporting Standard (CRS), and Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) programs
- Provide support & guidance to the anti-fraud and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) programs
- Collaborate with the Compliance team to maintain and improve the Credit Union’s operational policies, procedures and forms.
- Post-secondary degree in finance/accounting and/or a recognized Professional Accounting designation and 5 years’ experience in the financial sector, preferably with direct experience in Risk and Compliance aligned with the duties noted.
- Strong analytical/statistical skills related to financial/risk models and stress testing
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of Credit Union sound business practices, legislation and regulatory requirements
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s licence and reliable available vehicle
- Must be bondable
- Computer literacy including a working knowledge of, but not limited to, Excel and MS Office. Exposure to statistical software (i.e. SAS) would be beneficial.
- Well-developed writing skills sufficient to prepare material involving interpretation, analysis, assessment and reports
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior customer service ability
- Self-motivated, resourceful and flexible
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to effectively problem solve
- Ability to build relationships within department and across YNCU
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Ability to embrace and manage change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information