OLG’s Anti-Money Laundering Unit plays a central role in the detection, deterrence and reporting of suspected money laundering and terrorist financing activities in OLG operations. The Unit also establishes policies, procedures and standards for OLG’s anti-money laundering programs, and ensures OLG lines of business comply with applicable legislation and regulations related to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Help design, develop and manage OLG’s anti-money laundering compliance and FINTRAC reporting program, including the administration of AML software programs and other reporting-specific systems (e.g. SecureLane, F2R reporting website and OLG Reportable Transaction Management Software.)
- Help design, develop and manage OLG’s approach to monitoring client business relationships and identifying suspicious behaviour
- Supervise the compliance, analysis and reporting functions to ensure all statutory and regulatory filing requirements and deadlines are met.
- Oversee the review of FINTRAC reports submitted by OLG functional units, including service providers, to ensure the completeness, consistency and quality of information being reported.
- Act as the Designated Certificate Holder and F2R Administrator responsible for the management of FINTRAC reporting processes, including maintenance of location information, delegating reporting duties to service providers and authorizing/assigning duties to any FINTRAC administrator assistants and/or data entry/verification officers.
- Develop proactive strategies, tactics, policies and programs to effectively manage AML issues.
- Assess and monitor compliance and reporting trends to proactively identify potential issues or program gaps.
- Make procedural amendments and recommendations to effectively manage compliance risks.
- Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and direction to internal and external stakeholders, including OLG functional units and service providers, to deal with AML compliance matters.
- Help design and implement appropriate policies, procedures, frameworks, systems and controls to ensure compliance with federal and provincial AML reporting requirements.
- Maintain an up-to-date and centralized corporate repository of all OLG AML policies and procedures.
- A post-secondary education degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an anti-money laundering compliance environment.
- A minimum of two to three years’ experience in managing and supervising staff
- Comprehensive understanding of the federal Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and Canada’s anti-money laundering regulatory regime
- Comprehensive understanding of FINTRAC reporting requirements and technical specifications
- Knowledge of the Gaming Control Act and the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act an asset
- Experience in interpreting and applying legislation, policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and methodological approaches to work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective service delivery and to develop and maintain productive team and peer relationships
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of computer databases, office technologies and computer programs (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, SQL server)
- Position will require the manager to obtain and maintain a Category 1 Gaming Registration with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
- Valid driver’s license required for occasional travel
- ACAMS certification preferred