Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
- Assist with the development, implementation and execution of risk-based Compliance testing to review and assess the effectiveness of the Firm’s AML policies and procedures and controls
- Define test scope and design specific testing steps for each applicable area of review
- Communicate test results, present identified issues to the business, work with the business to develop and implement a plan of corrective action and prepare written reports
- Track status of corrective action plans
- Maintain detailed and organized documentation of work products
- Coordinate with other professionals in the organization, including Compliance advisory teams, other Compliance Monitoring and Testing Groups and Internal Audit
- Remain current on industry rules, regulations and best practices to help ensure that the testing program meets regulatory standards.
- University degree educated or equivalent with strong academic credentials
- Professional experience in an Anti-Money Laundering group and experience of Compliance testing (or equivalent, e.g.. Internal Audit) at a large financial institution and/or regulatory authority
Skills and Qualities:
- Detailed understanding of the financial crimes regulatory regime
- Knowledge of what constitutes an effective Compliance Framework and market best practice
- Developed investigative skills
- inquiry and analysis, interviewing, testing and organization
- Impeccable written communication skills
- able to describe complex issues accurately and succinctly Strong attention to detail
- Ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire information
- Ability to work effectively on multiple reviews with different individuals at the same time
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues of all levels of seniority across regions and business units; able to question and challenge established processes
- Certification as an Anti-Money Laundering Specialist by ACAMS or equivalent AML certification/license – or certification within 15 months of hire.
- ACCA, ACA or CIA qualified