**Located in Chicago, Wisconsin and also have the luxury to work from home!
A Compliance and Regulatory Management Consulting firm seeks to grow their business. They seek a person with banking, mortgages, landing, and the alphabet soup of bank regulatory experience.
Our client is seeking a Compliance Director for Fair Lending practice. The director is focused on leading projects and developing and expanding client relationships.
The Director of Fair Lending is responsible for assisting with the development and ongoing implementation of the companies fair lending program elements including compliance with the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), state fair lending laws, and Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP). The ideal candidate will lead a team of compliance professionals who provide consulting services to clients of all sizes in the following market segments: banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, fintech lenders, and other financial services organizations lending to consumers (credit card, student lenders, etc.).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Strong working knowledge of fair lending programs include its qualitative aspects (program elements, compliance controls, fair lending training, root cause analysis, and policy/procedure development and implementation) and its quantitative aspects (technical compliance with data integrity requirements under HMDA, analysis of data including geographic and demographic distribution of applications, peer analysis, parity analysis, statistical analysis and ratios).
- Ability to interface with client on fair lending issues at all levels of management from front line personnel to the Board of Directors. Clear and concise written and oral communication skills are required.
- Direct a team of up to five compliance professionals supporting the fair lending practice. Evaluate employee performance including preparation and delivery of performance evaluations and continuous coaching on multiple and/or simultaneous client engagements. Provides guidance to staff regarding complex fair lending issues.
- Oversees fair lending engagements including qualitative and quantitative client engagements. Works with Managing Director to ensure quality and timely engagement deliverables and reports.
- Monitors and advises consultants on corrective action to exceptions, deficiencies and potential regulatory actions such as Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs) and other regulatory actions for communication with the client.
- Enforces the firms Engagement Approach for executing engagements through well-communicated guidelines and by the establishment of protocol (example minimum guidelines).
- Assists Managing Director and Business Development personnel in developing, scoping, and preparing statements of work for new business.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to firm knowledge leadership and marketing initiatives by preparing articles and white papers for publication, assisting with marketing campaigns, and presenting at industry events.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) for the fair lending practice.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in accounting, finance, or a law degree.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience with at least 3 years of detailed concentration in fair lending preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of fair lending and related regulations including Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclose Act (HMDA), the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), and Unfair, Deceptive, and Abusive Acts and Practices (UDAAP).
- Experience with CFPB, FDIC, OCC, and FRB small and large bank examinations. Large bank experience preferred.
- Experience in the development and rating of risk assessments.
- Experience leading a team.
- Compliance Regulatory Management Certification (CRCM) is desired.
- Continued professional development and training in banking, auditing skills, fair lending, and compliance regulations.
- Strong project management skills. Dedication to integrity, producing high quality results within client and internal budgets, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to build effective client and colleague relationships with a proven record of building trust and credibility through strong interpersonal skills, communications, and actions.
- Ability to negotiate effectively using diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult issues while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong influence skills working both internally and externally at senior and executive levels.
- Excellent leadership skills demonstrated by ownership of issues through their resolution while providing sound guidance to others.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate clearly with constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent PC application skills. Experience with fair lending analysis software is desired (CRA/FL Wiz, CenTrax, RATA Comply, etc.)
- Effective organizational and management skills.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com