Legal Entity Risk Management manages the interface and relationship with local regulators around Risks in Asia. Legal Entity Risk Reporting supports the LERMs, responsible for risk oversight and control of the legal entities, by providing solutions to the reporting needs of their respective locations, with main focus on credit and market risk. This requires an understanding and interpretation of the regulatory requirements and providing a consistent response to each of the individual regulators with whom we interact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will be based in Singapore and will report to the Asia Legal Entity Credit Risk Reporting Manager.
- Responsibilities include monitoring and reporting Legal Entity credit risk and interaction with senior stakeholders. There will also be a close involvement with CIB Credit Risk Reporting.
- The successful candidate will initially need to focus on building strong relationships with Senior Credit Risk Officers, Audit, Finance and Compliance teams throughout the Asia. The candidate will be expected to understand the Regulatory requirements and create a framework for the risk reporting landscape for a variety of locations across the region.
- The successful candidate will become the resident expert supporting Asia Credit Risk Management and all of its regulatory reporting needs as well as having a role in understanding and producing the broader risk reporting requirements. Reporting ranges from daily to quarterly and includes ad hoc reporting and analytics.
- The candidate will have to ensure that the firm is compliant to the regions regulatory requirements around Credit Risk, be the point of contact for regulators, external auditors for entity specific regulatory credit risk. Effectively discuss credit portfolio, provisions, and regulatory requirements with senior Management in the region is also essential.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to listen well and influence others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong control mindset
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and bring tasks to complete closure
- Successful experience with both process building and process re-engineering
- A self-starter who is organized and consistently meets deliverables
- Comfortable leading an initiative or playing a support role on the broader team
- Understanding of credit risk for a range of products including traditional credit products and derivatives
- In depth knowledge of Excel is essential
- Understanding of credit risk reporting systems and databases is a plus (CRI, SELM, CRRT (Business Objects based tool), Exposure Now, SQL)
- Experience with risk or control environment is a plus.