To provide legal support to New Energies (NE), which includes Onshore wind, New Fuels, Solar and Integrated Energy Solutions.
- The role of the Legal Services Integrated Gas New Energies team (LSIG/N) is to provide legal advice, support and related services to New Energies in a proactive, timely, cost-effective and professional manner with a view to furthering business objectives in support of the Shell Group Strategy, adding value and protecting shareholder interests.
- LSIG/N seeks to ensure that legal risks are identified, appropriate alternative structures and strategies are considered, and documents are appropriately drafted to reflect commercial decisions, at all times consistent with professional standards, legal obligations, the Shell General Business Principles and the Shell Control Framework.
- This position is as a member of the LSIG/N team responsible for the provision of legal services to New Energies as described above.
- This position will also be required to support the LSIG/B team in Houston.
- LSIG/N is therefore responsible for the provision of legal services in relation to Wind, New Fuels, Solar and Integrated energy solutions. This role will primarily focus on supporting the onshore wind business and will involve the drafting and negotiating of a wide range of commercial contracts and advising in relation to onshore wind operational contracts. It will also involve supporting the Connected Energy business and involve drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, joint venture arrangements, procurement agreements and other relevant documents.
- Act as lead lawyer for Onshore Wind business and Connected Energy business and other NE and NBD work
- Identify and prioritize legal risks and alternative strategies in a variety of fields
- Ensure documents reflect accurately commercial decisions, at all times consistent with legal obligations and the Shell Control Framework
- Represent Shell vis-à-vis third parties
- Instruct and manage external counsel when required
- NE Projects are typically complex and the deal flow is very high, so it is incumbent on the NE lawyers to prioritise and consider carefully the impact of their work on the bottom line of IG, and the Shell Group by adding value and appropriately mitigating risks.
- The ability to connect across a range of cultures and the ability to operate in uncertain jurisdictions
- The ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Being part of a cross-border team, consisting of some NE-dedicated and other non-NE dedicated lawyers, SMEs will require strong collaborative skills
- Supporting the Group Compliance program in difficult environments
- A certain amount of international travel may be expected
- Law degree or professional legal qualification
- Broad experience in dealing with private equity or venture capital projects and renewable projects
- Good commercial mind and the ability to handle multiple demanding clients in a project environment which demands a quick and thoughtful legal touch across several legal disciplines
- The ability to work in a less well defined legal environment with clients who need and demand pragmatic legal advice
- Ability to draft well and to negotiate complex agreements often in difficult environments
- Ability to help structure diverse opportunities and think creatively
- Ability to handle complex and sensitive government and partner relations
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with clients at all levels
- Broad general grasp of legal issues under own and foreign legal systems and demonstrated capability of building up knowledge in particular areas of law
- Knowledge and experience to help identify critical legal risks
- High levels of collaboration
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills
- Ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- High levels of business and legal acumen
- Ability to address issues creatively and sensitively and to build strong relationships across a range of organizations
- Ability to react positively to a wide range of challenges
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Previous relevant experience would be an advantage
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs