FOX Networks Group is recruiting a Legal Counsel to provide legal advice and support to all areas of its channels business in Africa (including Fox, Fox Sports, Fox Life, National Geographic, NatGeo Wild) in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Commissioning: negotiation and drafting of agreements (option, development, commissioning, co-production), for European and African productions as well as providing support to the business and legal teams throughout the region.
- Channel Distribution: working with the Affiliates team in the UK and Africa on carriage and distribution of our channels and/or content across linear and/or non-linear platforms in the UK & Africa.
- Programme Acquisition: working with the Acquisition team on the negotiation of local, regional and global programmes ensuring that the terms meet our minimum channel requirements.
- Regulatory: ensuring compliance of our Africa channels with local broadcast and advertising laws, providing support to our scheduling team on compliance, advising on ad-funded programming and product placement. Liaising with regulatory bodies and affiliates as required. Advising on a wide variety of regulatory matters in line with the company’s policies, including: data protection and privacy, compliance, advertising on internet and other media, prize promotions and competitions, privacy, internet related matters, and intellectual property related issues.
- Data Privacy: ensuring that necessary user consents, policies (cookies, privacy and T&Cs) and disclosures to the relevant organisations are maintained up to date.
- Operations and Technical: Drafting and negotiating agreements including play-out facilities and technical agreements, interactive and new media agreements, advertising sales, music licenses, marketing, online advertising network agreement with advertising agencies and publishers other general commercial contracts.
- Working with the VP, Deputy General Counsel Europe & Africa in creating and maintaining templates.
- Corporate and General: drafting inter-company agreements, maintaining and updating comparative law documents for the region, assisting the Paralegal with shareholder and director resolutions and liaising with the company secretarial service provider, updating pan-European comparison documents on legal matters affecting the UK, France and Africa and any other ad hoc legal needs of the business.
- Qualified solicitor with commissioning and channel experience in an international setting
- Passionate about the role and FNG values including high performance
- Ability to work in a small group, tackle all challenges and take initiative
- Enthusiastic and pro-active with ability to focus, set priorities and deliver in a demanding and fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
- Team player
- Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
- Adapts and responds well to change
- Manages pressure effectively and copes well with setbacks
- Communicates effectively, relates to others and successfully persuades and influences decisions
- Excellent written communication with strong attention to detail