- Working with the PayPal UK and wider European Legal team on consumer credit matters include credit agreements, credit promotions, and providing advice on consumer credit to the business.
- Working with the PayPal business teams to advise on the development and implementation of new products and services including the regulatory and business risk implications.
- Advising on and negotiating agreements with key partners, payment processors and financial institutions to further the expansion of the PayPal business .
- Dealing with regulatory issues advising on the impact of new and existing payments laws and regulations and local governance and compliance matters such as the Payment Services Directive, e-Money Directive, and Data Protection Directive Providing counselling and support to PayPal Country Managers and business teams on wide range of legal issues.
- Working with teams across the business including Marketing in developing new campaigns, and Sales on Partner and Gateway Partnering agreements Helping to develop and build the wider, non-legal team’s understanding of relevant laws and regulations in a creative and engaging way, to encourage a culture of compliance and responsibility.
- Some years of experience post qualification with a major law firm and/or in house experience in the Consumer Credit, Payments or Financial Services industry.
- Expertise in marketing, consumer protection, payment services, e-commerce, e-payments and data privacy would be an advantage.
- Ability to proactively identify relevant business and legal issues, evaluate the risks and find creative solutions .
- A strong solution focus and an aptitude for working effectively on cross-functional teams and projects .
- An intelligent and enthusiastic candidate content to work autonomously.
- Ability to apply the law to novel situations and to demonstrate the ability to find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues where appropriate.
- A great communicator who is able to explain complex legal concepts and requirements to a range of different stakeholders and personalities Qualified lawyer/barrister .
- Undergraduate degree from a reputable university Fluent written and spoken English, any European language also desirable
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs