Apple’s Content and Services Legal group seeks an exceptional mid-level attorney to add to its content product and transactional team, which supports the iTunes music, movie, and television business and the Apple Music service worldwide.
- 4+ years relevant experience working on digital content and consumer-facing technology issues, providing practical legal advice and negotiating content licensing and other transactions.
- Interest in digital media and internet-based distribution models.
- Experience in copyright and other areas of intellectual property law.
- Experience with legal and regulatory issues in the areas of online content, digital distribution, and subscription services preferred.
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills.
- Understanding of music licensing, other digital content licensing, subscription models, EST and VOD fee structures, windowing, digital lockers, DRM and other content protection strategies, and digital supply chain issues is beneficial.
- Adept at advising clients, including senior executives, on complex content- and technology-related legal issues and regulatory matters.
- Effective negotiator with strong business and problem-solving skills who is well versed in structuring content licensing and other agreements.
- Ability to build client relationships and work collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to juggle multiple projects under time pressure.
- Experience at a law firm and in-house with a label, studio, or relevant technology firm preferred.
JD and excellent academic credentials.