Tesla Motors is looking for an experienced Commercial Attorney to join our legal team. In this role, you will support business teams on a variety of commercial transactions and negotiations . The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience with supply agreements, license/technology agreements, equipment purchase and lease agreements, and other transactional documents. A background that incorporates a mixture of law firm and in-house experience is ideal. A strong background in all facets of commercial law is required, and experience handling commercial contract disputes and intellectual property is strongly preferred.
- Provide legal advice and support on transactions supporting day-to-day operations of the company, including commercial contracts
- Provide strategic legal support to business development, sales, finance, IT, human resources, engineering and other internal groups across the company
- Help to develop, implement and continually improve processes and procedures to increase efficiency of Tesla’s legal department
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials and top-tier law firm experience or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Admission to California bar preferred, active status required
- Minimum of five years of experience handling commercial contracts
- Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills, including experience negotiating with sophisticated, nationally recognized parties
- Proven legal research, drafting and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment
- Sound and practical business judgement
- Ability to work both independently and with a diverse set of personalities in a team environment
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful and taking on additional responsibility
About Tesla Motors
Tesla Motors was founded in 2003 by a group of engineers in Silicon Valley who wanted to prove that electric cars could be better than gasoline-powered cars. With instant torque, incredible power, and zero emissions, Tesla’s products would be cars without compromise. Each new generation would be increasingly affordable, helping the company work towards its mission: to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable transport.