Essential Competencies / Main Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements such as, customer agreements for S&P DJI’s products and services (including data, trademark (index licensing), custom index, research, advisory and consulting).
- In addition, handle related and ancillary agreements, including confidentiality, marketing and click agreements.
- Manage and mitigate the risks of dispute and statutory breach by the company.
- Provide legal support for resolution of day to day matters related to the agreements, including interpretation of contracts (intellectual property and data usage rights, post-termination obligations / rights, audit rights, etc.).
- Provide training/guidance to the sales organization and business on contractual obligations, intellectual property protection and regulatory matters.
- Develop, maintain and update boilerplate terms and standard forms. Address tax and regulatory affairs/compliance issues as required.
- Provide an active role in maintaining and communicating company policies and procedures to the business. Ensure proper cataloguing of contract information in the Contracts Database.
- Special projects as assigned by manager. Involvement/leadership in a variety of projects such as disputes, acquisitions, divestitures and integration.
- From time to time instruct and manage outside counsel on specific legal matters, as necessary.
- Assist the business on response to requests for proposal.
- Provide guidance with respect to and ensure compliance with applicable S&P Global Corporate policies, including policy regarding licensing, branding and privacy.
- Understanding of S&P DJI’s businesses and business models and licensing approaches. Ability to recognize legal vs business considerations.
- Ability to recognize and accommodate the customer’s needs while adequately protecting S&P DJI’s interests and mitigate liability.
- The contracts for these products and services range from the fairly standardized to the highly customized. Ability to recognize trends and precedent in S&P DJI’s legal and business positions taken.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Admitted to practice law in the UK (and/or another European jurisdiction).
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in financial services / commercial IP licensing contract law.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence others who are not in the same line of authority.
- Excellent presentation, writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills with internal/external audiences.
- Self-motivated and well organized with the ability to handle multiple, high-priority projects while attending to details; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Hands-on, energetic and a motivated self-starter.
- Professional demeanor, team player, ability to interface effectively with internal/external parties.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs