Based in our New York office, Fuse Media is currently seeking an experienced attorney to join the in-house legal team to provide legal and business affairs support to all of our business groups. A successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the evolving needs of a fast-paced and high growth business, bringing pragmatic solutions, best practices and strategies for managing legal risks. We are looking for a talented attorney with initiative and drive who can effectively partner with business teams and handle a high volume of varied and complex legal work.
- Provide day-to-day business and legal affairs expertise to internal business teams on general legal matters Structure, negotiate, and draft development, production and distribution deals, talent agreements, releases, licenses, partnership deals, services agreements, consulting agreements, music licenses, network deals, promotion agreements and option agreements.
- Work closely with our Content Strategy group to review clearance issues; assess risks associated with evolving content distribution models and copyright issues.
- Support the legal team with ongoing and special initiatives, including compliance, process improvement, template development, trainings for business teams and use of technologies to increase efficiencies.
- 3-5 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department, preferably in media/entertainment; previous in-house experience a plus.
- Law degree with a strong academic performance admitted to practice and active member of a state bar in California or New York.
- Knowledge of intellectual property, entertainment and media law.
- Solid background negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Preferred knowledge of digital, television and/or related industries.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences.
About Fuse Media
Fuse Media is an independently owned multiplatform media company reflecting the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, Latino and multicultural 18-34 audience. The companyâ€™s media brands include the Fuse and FM linear and video-on-demand (VOD) channels; Fuse.TV online and mobile websites; the Fuse TV mobile and over-the-top (OTT) apps; a podcast network; several branded social media channels; and live events. Fuse network is currently available in approximately 70 million households and FM reaches over 43 million households.