We are searching for a skilled legal professional with experience in the commercial world. As the Legal/Compliance Manager, you will develop internal compliance programs and advise on contract issues.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Legal and Compliance include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Finalize and advise on different types of commercial contracts those are related to the local business activities.
- Ensure that the company’s activities and decisions are complying with corporate and Japanese laws. This includes secretariat activities such as organizing shareholders meeting, meeting of board members, filing of minutes of officially required meetings, registration and/or update of the corporate stipulations.
- Educate employees for compliance actions based on legal requirements. This includes developing and communicating guidelines where necessary.
- Provide recommendations and comments related to the patents and trademarks to the management with consultation with the company’s external attorneys.
- Manage litigations such as survey for fact-findings, coordination with the company attorneys.
- Manage actions responding to willful claimers related to the company’s products with collaboration with customer center and the company attorneys.
- Other topics related to legal matters working with the company attorneys.
Compliance and Risk Management areas:
- Find, analyze and make proposals for various agenda related to risks against the company.
- Develop internal compliance programs based on the findings from the analysis of the current situations and to provide trainings to the employees.
- Consult and advice business departments regarding the compliance related actions.
- Prepare and initiate Risk Management Committee as a facilitator.
- Organize emergency committee upon emergency cases as a secretariat.
- Establish and provide promotion guidelines and advise business departments on their payments of entertainment fee / fees to Health Care Professionals.
- Support the Head of Corporate Planning and Administration in compliance related investigations
- Represent the company and participate in organizations such as JACRI (Japan Association of Clinical Reagents Industries) and the fair competition code of the medical devices industry in Japan.
- Lead Legal & Risk Management group or 4 people including this position by providing appropriate directions to the team members with alignment with Head of Corporate Planning and Administration.
- Develop team members by providing teaching and coaching based on Leadership Commitments to support talent management and succession plan for legal & risk management function in the company.
- Be a member of Corporate Planning and Administration leaders meeting and work with other managers in the function cross-boundary.
- Provide sound legal, risk and compliance advice to the leadership of the company.
- Maintain good communication with the Regional and Global legal and risk management (compliance) team with appropriate reporting and discussions