The candidate MUST enjoy following the stock market and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and intense environment. He or she will work alongside Senior Analysts, and Research Associates in all aspects of the research process, from idea generation to financial modeling, including but not limited to the following:
- Perform complex financial modeling & valuation work.
- Write regular industry and company reports and company launch initiations from scratch.
- Develop databases integral to our research product.
- Demonstrate strong industry knowledge and business judgment.
- Work with Senior Analysts to develop key industry themes.
- Build relationships and facilitate information flow with contacts at covered companies.
- Attend client meetings.
- Seek out new, value-added, and/or unusual sources of information.
- Have ability to manage up by proactively highlighting upcoming deadlines and project timelines
- Have ability to monitor newsflow and highlight stock-impacting updates when Senior Analyst is traveling
- Interact regularly with sales, trading and external clients.
- Bachelors Degree
- Ideal candidate would have 1-4 years experience in equity research, buy-side experience or investment banking experience
- Strong writing and spreadsheet skills. Must be an expert at MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must enjoy following the stock market and doing desktop and field research.
- Along with Finance and Accounting background, should have basic understanding of economics, macroeconomic factors, and policy/politics.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must have strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment