- Maximize the team’s operational efficiency by monitoring workflow distribution and managing the allocation of resources within the team
- Ensure a strong `risk and control’ culture exists amongst the team such that operational risk is inherently reduced and any potential risk situations are promptly identified and escalated. Ensure potential loss situations are appropriately managed
- Assist staff with technical queries and provide coaching in the research and resolution of complex issues.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement exists throughout the team, encouraging staff to identify ways to improve processing and implement best market practice. Participate in system enhancement projects and oversee process improvement initiatives through to implementation.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, provides input for staffing and disciplinary actions and provides hands-on training to staff
- Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in corporate actions is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong leadership skills are required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set.
- Strong technical knowledge required in respect of the principles and market practices of Corporate Actions.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be highly flexible and adaptable to change.
- Previous management or supervisory experience is preferred.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs