- Performing high-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax returns; and preparing and leading client meetings on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the funds.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced tax consultants and tax seniors, and participating in the hiring process for your group.
- Taking the lead client contact role on some engagements and working on the billing and profitability analysis of those engagements, while beginning to be involved in new marketplace pursuits.
- 4+ years of public accounting experience (at least 3 years in investment management) or equivalent in a law firm or related industry.
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of pursuing).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field.
- Advanced understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships.
- General understanding of the taxation of portfolio investments, the international and multi-state tax issues facing private equity funds, key economic terms, and the taxation of fund investors.
- Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing.
- The ability to travel up to 20%.
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, or LLM
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs