Mutual funds—Are you a leader and passionate about financial products and understand tax planning and returns, regulated investment companies, Subchapter M, section 4982 excise calculations, taxation of securities and derivatives, Subchapters C and K, and even Schedule Ks and 1120-RICs.? If this is music to your ears, and you love a challenge and a very fast-paced environment, we have the career for you!
What you’ll do:
As a Tax Manager, you will draw on experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax compliance and consulting services to Investment Management clients. You will conduct day-to-day management of accounts by delivering tax consulting services to the client and bringing in specialists when necessary; perform a high-level of tax research and work on regulated investment company (RIC) tax work papers, financial statement provisions and related tax disclosures and federal and relevant state returns, excise calculations, and RIC compliance tests. Additionally, you will motivate, mentor, supervise, and train new and experienced-level Tax Consultants and Tax Seniors; begin taking on lead client contact roles on engagements; be involved in sales and marketing activities; attend required training; and facilitate at least one engagement-specific training and one national training per year.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
- 4+ years of public accounting experience (at least 3 years in Investment Management) or equivalent in law firms or industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
- Demonstrated understanding of Subchapter K, financial products, wash sale and constructive sale rules, as well as familiarity with aggregate allocations
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Up to 25% travel
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting