Our client, a well-respected insurance company, seeks an Investment Management Compliance Professional for their asset management division. This position works closely with the Chief Investment Officer, Portfolio Managers, and the corporate enterprise Compliance, Internal Control and Audit groups to assess and monitor Compliance in the company portfolio of investments. This position is responsible for leading all Compliance efforts, including but not limited to, daily compliance monitoring, audits, examinations, inquiries, reporting/certifications, due diligence meetings, and the development and maintenance of policies & procedures. This position will report to the Investments Chief Operating Officer.
Surveillance and Enforcement: 50%
- Responsible for leading and managing the Investment Compliance Team.
- Responsible for overseeing daily Overnight Compliance on internally and externally managed separate accounts, and addressing any violations in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overseeing daily Pretrade Compliance on internally managed separate accounts and addressing violations as they occur real-time throughout the trading day.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal (ERISA, SEC, NASD) and/or State regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting to Executive Management potential Investment Policy violations and any other any other conflicts of interest that would result in unfair or illegal trading practices.
- Responsible for overseeing the rule coding process to ensure that rules are coded and functioning properly in BlackRock Aladdin.
- Provide ad hoc support to CIO, portfolio managers, and other departments on investment compliance requests.
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices for compliance and educate the Investments team on new regulatory developments as they arise.
- Provide compliance oversight of external managers.
- Oversee annual State Certification for Homesite portfolios.
Compliance Program: 50%
- Partner with corporate enterprise Compliance and Internal Controls/Audit to develop, implement, and enforce Policies and Procedures within the Investments Division.
- Lead the Investment Division in all internal or external examinations and audits.
- Lead annual IMA reviews, portfolio risk assessments, and annual due diligence meetings with external managers to detect any Compliance Program deficiencies and/or risks to the company.
- Perform mock audits of the Investments Division to determine the vulnerability of the business and assess material or systemic weaknesses and potential product-related risks.
- Continuously review and maintain Policies and Procedures in light of new developments in trading strategies, technology, guidelines, regulations, and/or daily workflows.
- Develop a standardized process for external managers’ periodic compliance reporting and due diligence meetings.
- Investigative and Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Business Acumen
- Ability to Influence
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to partner effectively with all levels of an organization
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Solid understanding of investment products and securities regulation.
- Strong understanding of a trading lifecycle.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of various investment types and strategies.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience partnering effectively with all levels of management.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Business Management, Finance, or Economics. Advanced degree – Masters or Law – preferred.
- Professional Designation/Certification (i.e. CFA, FRM, CSCP, or CAMS) a plus.
- 10+ years in the Financial Services industry. Insurance background preferred.
- 8+ years in Asset Management Compliance, Audit, Controls, Risk, or Legal.
- Solid understanding of trading practices and workflows across various asset classes, specifically Treasuries, Corporates, Municipals, ABS, CMBS, Equities, Convertibles, Commercial Real Estate Loans, Private Equity, and/or Derivatives.
- Strong background in Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, ERISA, State Insurance Regulations, AML, KYC, Sanction Monitoring, and/or designing/executing Policies and Procedures.
- Familiarity with other operational groups such as Portfolio Accounting and Investment Operations a plus.
- Understanding of technology, market and accounting data flows, and relational databases a plus.
- Prior experience working with buy-side Order Management Systems (i.e. CRD, Thinkfolio, Eze Castle, BlackRock Aladdin, Bloomberg AIM, etc.). BlackRock Green Package and/or Aladdin experience preferred.
- Prior Market Data experience and/or knowledge a plus (i.e. Bloomberg, IDC, Thompson Reuters, NRSRO, any benchmark providers, etc.). Please send resumes to Jack Kelly – email@example.com