Our Client, a Financial Services firm is seeking an Investment Compliance Specialist. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Compliance Officer, Chief Investment Officer, Portfolio Managers, and the corporate enterprise Compliance, Internal Control and Audit groups to assess and monitor Compliance in the companies portfolio of investments. Responsible for supporting all Compliance efforts, including but not limited to, daily Compliance monitoring, audits, examinations, inquiries, reporting/certifications, due diligence meetings, and the development and maintenance of policies & procedures. This position will report into the Investment Chief Operations Officer organization.
Surveillance and Enforcement: 50%
• Responsible for conducting daily Overnight Compliance on internally and externally managed separate accounts, and addressing any violations in a timely manner.
• Responsible for conducting daily Pretrade Compliance on internally managed separate accounts and addressing violations as they occur real-time throughout the trading day.
• Ensure Compliance with all applicable Federal (ERISA, SEC, NASD) and/or State regulations.
• Responsible for monitoring and reporting to Compliance Officer any potential Investment Policy violations and any other any other conflicts of interest that would result in unfair or illegal trading practices.
• Responsible for managing the rule coding process to ensure that rules are coded and functioning properly.
• Provide ad hoc support to Compliance Officer, CIO, portfolio managers, and other departments on Investment Compliance requests.
• Collaborate with external managers to ensure Compliance with IMA guidelines.
• Conduct annual State Certification for Homesite portfolios.
Compliance Program: 50%
• Partner with corporate enterprise Compliance and Internal Controls/Audit to develop, implement, and enforce Policies and Procedures within the Investments Division.
• Provide Compliance Officer with support for all internal or external examinations and audits.
• Support Compliance Officer in annual IMA reviews, portfolio risk assessments, and annual due diligence meetings with external managers to detect any Compliance Program deficiencies and/or risks to the firm
• Perform mock audits of the Investments Division to determine the vulnerability of the business, and assess material or systemic weaknesses and potential product-related risks.
• Assist Compliance Officer in reviewing and maintaining Policies and Procedures in light of new developments in trading strategies, technology, guidelines, regulations, and/or daily workflows.
• Collaborate with Compliance Officer to create a standardized process for external managers’ periodic Compliance reporting and due diligence meetings.
• Investigative and Analytical Thinking
• Problem Solving Skills
• Business Acumen
• Ability to Influence
• Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Ability to partner effectively with all levels of an organization
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Understanding of investment products and securities regulation.
• Understanding of a trading lifecycle.
• Knowledge and understanding of various investment types and strategies.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Bachelor degree in Business Management, Finance, or Economics preferred.
• Professional Designation/Certification (i.e. CFA, FRM, CSCP, or CAMS) a plus.
• 3-5+ years in the Financial Services industry. Insurance background preferred.
• 3+ years in Asset Management Compliance, Audit, Controls, Risk, or Legal preferred.
• Understanding of trading practices and workflows across various asset classes, specifically Treasuries, Corporates, Municipals, ABS, CMBS, Equities, Converts, Commercial Real Estate Loans, Private Equity, and/or Derivatives a plus.
• Background in Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, ERISA, State Insurance Regulations, AML, KYC, OFAC Sanction Monitoring, MERS, and/or designing/executing Policies and Procedures a plus.
• Prior experience working with buy-side Order Management Systems a plus (i.e. CRD, Thinkfolio, Eze Castle, BlackRock Aladdin, Bloomberg AIM, etc.). BlackRock Green Package and/or Aladdin experience preferred.
• Familiarity with other operational groups such as Portfolio Accounting and Investment Operations a plus.
• Understanding of technology, market and accounting data flows, and relational databases a plus.
• Prior Market Data experience and/or knowledge a plus (i.e. Bloomberg, IDC, Thompson Reuters, NRSRO, any benchmark providers, etc.).
Please send resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com