An asset management firm with over 50 years of experience seeks a Compliance Associate for their Seattle offices.
The Compliance Associate will be involved with the development and execution of a comprehensive program for risk management and compliance for the firm’s separately managed accounts business.
The role will have front-line responsibility for the day -to-day Compliance and risk management functions of the separately managed account division.
Key Responsibilities – Compliance:
- Execute an all-encompassing compliance program for this division
- Serve as the face of the Compliance team within this growing unit
- Ongoing development, maintenance and implementation of applicable compliance oversight program and reporting structure.
- Assist with the development, implementation and ongoing oversight of all applicable compliance policies & procedures.
- Conduct automated and manual pre- and post-trade investment guideline monitoring of trades and positions for compliance with applicable regulatory and account-specific limits and restrictions.
- Support the launching of client accounts by analyzing investment advisory contracts and investment guidelines, coding automated compliance tests into the Charles River Investment Management System and communicating with members of the Portfolio and Trading Departments as required.
- Provide back-up support in the set-up and monitoring of registered mutual funds, private funds, exchange-traded funds, and institutional separate accounts.
- Act as a liaison for and participate in discussions related to non-compliance business and operational functions unique to the separately managed account business, including topics such as ADV delivery, client suitability, AML validation, etc.
- Participate in the resolution of compliance-related issues associated with investment advisors and custodians for separately managed accounts.
- Complete regular monitoring of trading activity including trade allocation, trade aggregation, and best execution according to existing systems and processes.
- Assist with the stewardship of data retrieval and maintenance in the compliance monitoring system for investments-related data needs related to compliance testing
- Consult and partner with the Corporate Technology Group in the implementation of new processes and enhancements to existing pre- and post-trade compliance monitoring, reporting, and trading systems. Participate in projects that promote the consistent application of investment-specific data across the enterprise.
- Interact with third party service providers on compliance-related issues.
- Provide back-up assistance to the Code of Ethics Compliance team on issues related to Code of Ethics such as pre-clearance of personal trades, approval of new personal brokerage accounts and answering compliance questions.
- Support the undertaking of reviews by Internal Audit and the timely closing of resulting action items as required.
- Timely completion of projects and initiatives as required.
Key Responsibilities- Risk:
- Working with lines of business in identification, analysis, monitoring, and reporting of risk and implementing risk mitigation and impact minimization controls to maintain risks within target tolerances
- Assist in embedding enterprise risk management into business culture, through promotion of the ERM framework, interaction with lines of business, and the development and execution of education and training
- Execute Risk reporting for Risk Committees, senior management, and Boards of Directors
- Development, implementation, and enhancement of models and techniques for risk measurement, including simulations, stress testing, and scenario analysis
- Analyze the results of financial and operational risk management programs and processes implemented to determine if risk management objectives were achieved
- Partner with business units to identify, assess, and monitor inherent and residual risks including assessments of the design and performance of key controls
- Analysis of operational risk events including operational errors and losses to identify root causes, trends, and possible options for risk mitigation and impact minimization
- Assist in the preparation of:
- Risk analytics and commentary to support regular internal risk meetings
- Regular risk oversight materials – primarily supporting the Investment Risk
- Management Committee
- Analysis as required by fund Boards
- Regular and ad-hoc performance and risk analysis as required
- Monitor investment risk exposures based on established guidelines
- Facilitate the resolutions of breaches
- Use technology to enhance risk analysis and insight effectively and innovatively. Some of the main products used include
- Use technology to enhance risk analysis and insight effectively and innovatively. Some of the main products used include: BARRA, RiskMetrics, FactSet, SpotFire, Advent product suite, (Knowledge of these tools is a plus although not a requirement)
- Work with other business units (e.g. Marketing, Product, Compliance etc.) in support of their data requirements
- Experience in acquisitions or program development a plus
- Knowledge of Investment Advisers Act, Investment Company Act, FINRA Rules and other federal regulations a plus
- Sound understanding of the separate account management business and RIA business is a significant plus
- Some exposure to financial products such as mutual funds, private funds, exchange-traded funds, foreign funds, and institutional separate accounts a plus.
- Experience in working with Charles River Investment Management system (“CRD”), Advent Rules Manager, or similar system a plus
- Experience in working with the InvestorTools product Perform a plus
- Experience of financial quantitative techniques
- Understanding of market risk concepts and statistical techniques (CAPM, MPT, regression, tracking error, correlation, beta, volatility etc.) a plus
- Experience of financial markets
- Excellent Excel skills; experience with modeling and analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience interacting with senior management
- Ability to manage multiple strategic projects
- Self-structured, ability to work independently while handling multiple tasks
- Experience in Information Technology; network engineering, IT security, IT development, IT project / program management, etc. is a plus
- A degree in Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics, Accounting and/or a similar analytical – quantitative area of study
Please email resumes to Jack@ComplianceSearch.com