|Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Review and open all brokerage accounts and ensure that the required supporting documentation has been received. Follow up on missing documentation as needed.
2. Open Asset Management Accounts (AMA) and AMA bank accounts and mail the client the proper fulfillment package. Order checks and check cards as requested by the client.
3. Verify bank accounts and establish Automated Clearing House (ACH) instructions to automatically debit/credit BB&T Bank accounts as requested by clients and Investment Counselors. For unlike brokerage and bank registrations, request the proper documentation and follow up to ensure it is received.
4. Initiate Automated Customer Account Transfer (ACAT), Non-ACAT and Direct Registration System (DRS) transfers for all brokerage accounts.
5. Review legal documentation and process internal transfers between brokerage accounts. Follow up on missing documentation as needed. Notify Investment Counselor or Trader once the transfer is complete.
6. Process Roth IRA Conversions and Recharacterizations.
7. Coordinate with Trader or Investment Counselor to liquidate holdings for outgoing transfers, as needed.
8. Review the trade blotter after trade date to ensure each trade has corresponding ticket. Pay special attention to limit orders, online trades, mutual fund systematic trades, option orders and Good ‘Til Canceled (GTC) orders.
9. Responsible for filing any GTC orders and ensuring that the client has been notified of any executions.
10. Receive, log and process all stock certificates. Then, send to our clearing firm the same day as it is received.
11. Monitor the daily Tech Short, weekly Pending Papers Report, quarterly GTC Report and quarterly custodial DOB review.
12. Establish online trading and online access for brokerage clients. Restrict access based on compliance and business rules.
13. Coordinate, print and mail notices regarding class action lawsuits based on client’s holdings. Communicate with a third party vendor to request litigation notices for clients.
14. Freeze and close accounts as requested by the client, compliance or based on legal or business rules.
15. Process account–related changes including dividend reinvestments, account updates, name and address changes, cost basis changes, risk tolerance and investment objective changes, scanning, report dissemination and record retention as well as other ad hoc duties.Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal associates
3. Excellent organization skills and the ability to complete work daily with complete accuracy
4. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a dynamic environment
5. Professional verbal and written communication skills
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.