The Analyst will be a key player in the execution of the Firm’s business. S/he will leverage upon past investment banking or related experience to enhance the Firm’s M&A execution and capital raising capabilities and contribute to building J.P. Morgan’s franchise and reputation in the marketplace. He/She will have strong function skills in the major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability to become a senior officer who is capable of generating and executing his/her own transactions. Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan’s mission and be driven and committed to its success.
- Participate in the “full cycle” of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations.
- Have a working knowledge of the relevant industry sectors and the Firm’s product and service offerings. This person will be expected to develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and will work alongside senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions.
- Play an important role in the development of the firm, the Healthcare Coverage group and their capabilities.
- Participate in building the business over the long term by developing individual expertise in an appropriate industry and contributing to enhancing the J.P. Morgan franchise.
The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
- Bachelors’ degree is required
- At least 1 year of Investment Banking experience is preferred but not required
- Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills
- Experience in Healthcare Coverage a nice to have though not essential
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Comfort in and commitment to strong teamwork environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications