The CFA Associate will leverage upon past investment banking or related experience to enhance the group’s corporate finance capabilities and contribute to building J.P. Morgan’s franchise and reputation in the market place. The Associate will have a strong analytical background and a willingness to continually learn about technical topics and aspects of the business. Associates within CFA have the opportunity to play an integral role working with some of the most sophisticated corporate clients. Typical responsibilities include:
- Lead corporate finance analysis on various topics including financing alternatives, debt optimization, liquidity, capital allocation, and risk management.
- Provide guidance on financial analysis using statistical and mathematical tools like multivariate regression analysis, Monte Carlo-based models, portfolio risk management models, and capital structure optimization tools.
- Engage in the execution of proposed strategic and/or capital market transactions.
- Develop new frameworks and models to assess the risks associated with transactions and advise clients on the optimal strategy.
- Identify client issues/sector trends and design and implement new frameworks that address specific client needs.
- Effectively manage multiple work streams; Manage time constraints and deadlines while ensuring a high level of quality on all projects.
- 3+ years of investment banking, corporate finance, or similar consulting experience
- Highly analytical
- Creative with a willingness to learn new aspects of the business
- Ability to work well independently
- Effectively manage multiple work streams
- Familiarity with major data services (Bloomberg and FactSet/CapitalIQ)