What is the opportunity?
- We are actively seeking an Investment Banking Associate to support the Energy industry vertical at RBC.
What will you do?
- Transaction execution, new business presentations and meetings, and other such duties.
- Work with Analysts in development of pitch books and related client materials.
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly.
- Other such duties, responsibilities and authority as may be reasonably required.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA, MA or MS or equivalent with emphasis in finance/accounting.
- Minimum of one year of Investment Banking experience
- Solid understanding of capital markets and spreadsheet modeling.
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong teaming skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels of organization.
- Must maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
- Series 79 & 63 licenses.
- Previous experience with Energy industry
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to do challenging work
- Leaders that support your development
- Work in a dynamic and collaborative team
oyal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.