Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Leasing & Asset Finance Analyst position is an entry-level position designed to develop and expand upon the skills, expertise and experience necessary for a successful career in the Investment Banking Division of MUFG Union Bank, N.A., a subsidiary of the Mitsubishi-UFJ Financial Group (“MUFG”). Development of core skills include advanced project/financial modeling in Excel and certain proprietary models, understanding corporate GAAP/IFRS financial statements and legal documentation, asset and industry expertise, and complex investment structuring.
Leasing & Asset Finance, a unit of MUFG, provides customized capital solutions for the acquisition or development of physical assets through debt, lease and equity investments or other structured finance products. Financed assets include renewable energy generation facilities, aircraft, railcars, industrial production lines, corporate campuses and sports facilities. MUFG’s Leasing & Asset Finance group provides innovative financial solutions to global Fortune 1000 companies including major technology, transportation, power and energy companies.
MUFG’s Leasing & Asset Finance group maintains offices in Los Angeles and New York and is part of a broader, global effort with offices in Tokyo, Sydney, London, and Singapore. MUFG is one of the largest financial institutions in the world and the largest bank in Japan.
Based in Los Angeles, Analysts within the group support the originations and portfolio management teams. Responsibilities include:
- Complex financial modeling of financial solutions including structured debt, lease and equity investments
- Client, industry and asset due diligence and analysis
- Assisting in the underwriting, credit risk analysis, negotiation, and closing of new transactions and/or amendments of existing transactions
- Analyzing and updating pertinent data on collateral, financials, projections, covenant compliance, free cash flow, audit and appraisal statistics, and bank product exposure
- Assisting with legal documentation matters
- Preparation of marketing materials and PowerPoint presentations
- Participation in client meetings to develop a deeper understanding of the client’s business, management team, and past and future performance
Successful Analysts may also have the opportunity to be sponsored into MUFG’s Credit Training Program. This industry leading training program hones critical banking skills to prepare participants for a career in finance and analytics. The program will also further develop communication skills; a strong understanding of industry fundamentals; and the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Major in Accounting, Finance, Statistics or Economics a plus)
- Exceptional analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent writing and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and ability to work well in teams
- Disciplined work ethic, organized, self-motivated and solid time management skills
- Computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to furnish proof of citizenship, permanent residency or authorization to work in the U.S.