Investment Banking Analyst – KBW Depositories (St. Louis)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Keefe, Bruyette & Woods (KBW) (a Stifel company), the leading financial services investment banking in the U.S., is looking for an Analyst to join its Financial Institutions Group in St. Louis, working with the Depositories Team. This group acts as a financial advisor on merger transactions, equity and fixed income transactions and restructurings ranging in size and complexity and to financial institutions of all sizes.
KBW is the number one M&A advisor in the financial institutions space as measured by completed M&A transactions since 2000. Further, the Depositories Group has advised on 50% of the top 10 largest transactions announced in 2017. It also has the most IPO experience in the banks space since 2010. In addition to working with the leading advisor in bank and thrift M&A, work will also include analyzing M&A with other areas of financial services, including fin tech and specialty finance companies.
Analysts at KBW get exposure to a wide variety of transactions, including mergers & acquisitions , public and private offerings, , and corporate financial advisory services.
Analysts work on multiple projects simultaneously, with primary responsibilities for the research and analysis related to transaction generation and execution. Analysts work in small teams and gain exposure to Managing Directors and clients. Specific responsibilities may include conducting industry research, building financial models to analyze company projections or potential transactions, drafting offering memorandums for public or private financings, drafting client presentation materials and working with clients to execute financing or merger transactions.
- An undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or a quantitative major
- Strong quantitative / analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Solid work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous project deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Job Location
- St. Louis, Missouri, United States
- Position Type