- Baird’s Equity Capital Markets group includes more than 500 professionals in research, institutional sales and trading, and investment banking. Our Global Investment Banking group provides M&A, debt advisory, and equity and debt financing services to middle-market companies. There are approximately 270 banking professionals serving clients globally.
- As one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For since 2004, Baird attracts many of the financial service industry’s leading and most experienced professionals as well as top talent from the nation’s finest universities. From day one, our new associates benefit from collaborative, mentoring relationships, often interacting with senior executives at the companies we cover and getting to know our best institutional clients. The result is a truly enriching experience that provides opportunities to build your existing skills and develop a keen understanding of the industry. Discover a firm with a vested interest in your professional future.
As an Investment Banking Analyst on our Consumer team in Chicago, you will:
- Play an integral role on investment banking teams, providing analytical support on mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and other financial advisory services for our clients.
- Assist in the preparation of company valuations, financial models, company marketing documents and client presentations in addition to performing research and various analyses in support of new business generation.
- Develop your skills through broad exposure to both junior and senior bankers.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Gain relevant experience in all areas of a transaction, from preparation of marketing materials to facilitation of due diligence
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- Achieve professional development through lean deal teams which provide greater responsibility and daily interaction with senior bankers
What we look for:
- Candidates with experience working in a fast-pace professional environment who can hit the ground running.
- At least 12 months of full-time experience working at a top-tier investment bank.
- Candidates must have a proven academic record and an interest in Finance.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- An enduring work ethic and track record of success
- The ability to function equally well in both a team setting and on a self-directed basis
- Excellent mathematical, writing, verbal and computer skills
- Series 63 & 79 licensing preferred or the ability to quickly obtain
Who we are:
- Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than $171 billion in client assets and over 3,300 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients
- Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 4 on the Fortune Magazine Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017, its fourteenth consecutive year on the list.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs