As a Mortgage and Real Estate Investment Associate, you will be responsible for supporting Portfolio Managers to invest and manage corporate funds/ investments as set forth in Lincoln Financial Group’s strategic plan and investment guidelines. Specific investments include commercial real estate mortgages, commercial real estate partnerships, and wholly owned real estate (OREO and REO).
- Participate in loan underwriting, including preparation of formal loan presentations
- Interact with correspondents through written or verbal correspondence
- Review annual operating statements and annual site inspection reports for existing properties within the portfolio
- Review appraisal, property condition, seismic and environmental reports
- Review both operating and partnership financial statements
- Acquire and review partnership audits
- Monitor partnership distribution, capital balances and cumulative preferred returns
- Assist Portfolio Managers in developing operating plans for each property assigned to include:
- Annual budgets, leasing guidelines, expense controls, hold/sale analysis, financial statement reviews
- Work closely Lincoln Financial Group’s Investment Accounting Department
Education and Requirements:
- Four year degree highly preferred in Business, Math, Finance, or Accounting. Real estate investments major, minor or coursework desired.
- Zero to one year of finance or analysis role desired.