The Market Strategy Analyst will support the group’s market strategy function, which is responsible for defining short-to-medium term tactical asset allocation (TAA) positioning using a multi-disciplined approach of economic, fundamental and technical analysis.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Analyze and research major economies, global investment landscape and broad market asset classes to compare and contrast risks and relative value opportunities to formulate recommendations for overall portfolio positioning across asset classes and regions.
- Support the House View committee, by actively following and tracking major economic and global market influences and identify potential opportunities or risks to be used in Top Down/Bottom Up debates to aid in the formulation of the Group’s top of the House View and Capital Market forecasts.
- Participate in discussions and deliberations around market outlook and investment themes at regular portfolio management and investment committee forums.
- Collaborate in the development and maintenance of Fundamental and Quantitative tools to support TAA decision making and longer-term expectations of asset returns for strategic asset allocation.
- Research new investment ideas and opportunities.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
You will report to the Market Strategist.
UNLEASH your potential
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong background in finance, mathematics, economics or equivalent
- Good understanding of investment fundamentals and macro-economic concepts
- Possessing (or working towards) professional qualifications (e.g. CFA) will be a plus
- Advanced use of Excel and experience with using large data sets
- Programming skills (R, Matlab, VBA) a strong advantage
- 2-4 years of top-down investment experience