Our client, a global investment firm, is seeking an Internal Controls Compliance Analyst. This firm is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $97 billion in assets under management as of December of 2015. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in distressed debt, corporate debt (including high yield debt and senior loans), control investing, convertible securities, real estate and listed equities. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the firm has over 900 employees and offices in 17 cities worldwide.
The Internal Controls Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the annual SOX audit and providing input into development of the annual internal controls SOX plan. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in identifying and evaluating the organization’s financial reporting risk areas and providing input into the planning and scoping of the annual internal controls audit;
- Performing internal control procedures, including understanding and documenting client processes and procedures, identifying and defining issues, conducting testing, and concluding on testing results;
- Conducting interviews and walkthroughs, reviewing documents and evidence, and preparing working papers;
- Identifying, developing and documenting internal control issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed;
- Communicating the results of internal control projects via written reports and verbal presentations to management;
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships through individual contacts and meetings;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities via professional associations and internal/external training; and
- Performing various other tasks and projects as required.
- 2-4 years audit experience, experience with SOX compliance and/or SOC 1 engagements strongly preferred;
- Ability to apply accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices;
- Proven capability in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions;
- Track record in planning and project management and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting deadlines;
- Strong skills in resolving problems and negotiating issues; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, Outlook and other business software to prepare reports, memos and summaries.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong initiative and a self-starter with a proven ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Flexible and team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. A CPA or CIA is preferred.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com