Our client is a retail and commercial bank, that in addition to traditional banking services including mortgages, lending, checking and savings accounts, offer loans through peer-to-peer lending portals. They are looking to hire an Internal Auditor to join their team. The Internal Auditor will be responsible for working with the Director of Internal Audit in establishing, coordinating, implementing and maintaining an effective audit plan. This challenging position will offer a professional the opportunity to advance their expertise as well as experience level of high-tech processes.
- Required to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls related to the Bank’s different deposit and lending products along with infrastructure groups supporting the different business areas within the bank, in accordance with Group Audit Methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
- Contribute to Risk Assessment Profiles/ Business Monitoring and overall implementation of Group Audit Methodology.
- Team member, or may lead an audit team during fieldwork, and will be required to implement dynamic planning through continuous monitoring of the business. He or she will create business monitoring quarterly summaries evidencing monitoring of the risk environment and assessing the emerging risks discovered through the Business Monitoring process.
- Undertake audit assignments, draft audit reports for review by audit management, present issues to the business and facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues. He or she will articulate objective, evidence-based conclusions on the operating effectiveness of controls, and make practical recommendations for the remediation of issues identified.
- Required to complete all work assigned to him or her on a timely basis and within budgeted costs. This may also include ad hoc projects and special investigations.
- Develop effective line management relationships to ensure a strong understanding of the commercial lending, SBA/business lending, marketplace lending, branch, deposit products, and diverse banking operations audited and the role of technology to support the business processes.
- Develop knowledge of key regulations that influence audit scope.
- Posses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications a plus (CPA, CRCM, JD)
- Minimum 5 years audit experience.
- Preferred: 3 years relevant experience with consumer lending compliance with CFPB, FDIC, OCC, NCUA, or Federal Reserve, specifically: TILA, ECOA, FCRA, UDAAP, SCRA, E-Sign, Privacy, Identity Theft, Marketing, Fair Lending, FDCPA, Vendor Management, etc.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations applicable to deposit and lending industry.
- Ability to work independently. Proven analytical skills and well-developed organizational skills. Superior verbal and written communication. Strong problem solving and judgment skills as they apply to compliance and regulatory issues.
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills. Ability to handle multiple complex tasks and perform under pressure in a fast pace environment while meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com