Apple is currently recruiting for an Internal Auditor staff position to audit, conduct business process reviews, perform fraud investigations, & support the Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) program. The role supports and works with various cross functional partners (e.g. Applecare, Retail, Operations, Legal, Human Resources).
This is a high visibility role on a small team within Apple and provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the organizations’ control environment and exposure to many business areas. Apple Internal Audit staff gain a broad perspective across the Company through varied assignments that range from SOX program management to Executive Team special projects.
- This position is based in Cupertino, California. Travel is not typical, but may be required domestically or internationally.
- Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct financial and operational audits as well as business process reviews throughout Apple’s global operations
- Diagnose operational risks and process improvement opportunities
- Develop close but independent working relationships with management in all areas of the business
- Develop recommendations to improve financial and operational controls
- Ensure that transactions are accounted for in accordance with established company policies and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Develop reports and presentations on project findings and recommendations to senior management
- Support or lead special projects, including litigation support
- Develop, implement, and monitor process and policy changes throughout an organization
- Provide a review of financial processes and procedures in order to evaluate best practices, efficiency and compliance with SOX requirements
- Coordinate with SOX process owners for annual process document updates and testing; coordinate with external auditors on audit issues around compliance
- Conduct internal investigations of company violations and other legal matters
- Other duties as assigned
3+ years of experience in a “Big 4” accounting/consulting environment and/or experience in conducting financial and operational audits in a multi-national company CPA is a plus SOX experience required Experience in conducting contract audits of vendors, contractors and other business partners that support the company Capable of performing risk assessments and identifying key business and financial risks Ability to develop, design, and execute financial and operational audit plans and programs Familiarity with auditing in an integrated systems environment (SAP); SAP experience is a plus Experience in conducting internal financial audits of public and/or private companies Good project management and organization skills; ability to multitask Good problem identification and analytical skills Ability to develop and write meaningful reports and presentations; excellent communication/presentation skills Motivated self-starter who works well individually and in teams Excellent written and verbal English skills required Proficiency in presentation, spreadsheet, word processing
- BA/BS in related field.