What’s the opportunity?
Reporting to the Global Internal Audit Director based in the US, you will be responsible to plan, execute and report on operational, financial and compliance related audits in the European region. This will be the sole Internal Audit position within Europe, the other team members reside in China and US. You will also have an advisory role to regional management, recommending changes and enhancements to existing policies and controls to make sure they are current, adequate, functional and utilized in accordance with standards established by the government and the company.
What will you be doing?
- Scope, plan and execute operational, financial, and other compliance related audits
- Identify financial and business process risk, control gaps and areas for improvement
- Communicate audit findings to management both verbally as well as in written report format
- Assess, evaluate and ensure compliance to internal and external regulations
- Assist in the facilitation and coordination of the Annual Enterprise Risk Assessment
- Perform regional Sarbanes-Oxley testing annually
- Have a consultative role with management for identifying needed or enhancing existing policies, standards and procedures
- Act as primary liaison within Internal Audit for Europe regional management
- Conduct fraud investigations or other special projects as needed
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant audit experience (internal or external)
- Able to work independently with infrequent direct oversight
- Experience with FCPA/ Anti-Bribery and Corruption auditing is preferred
- Experience working in the European region for a MNC is a plus
- Professional certification strongly desired, such as CIA, CPA or CFE
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, other language skills are a plus
- Willing to travel within Europe – approximately 30%