An international bank seeks a Compliance professional for their International Holding Company (IHC).
The IHC Compliance function will demonstrate the company’s commitment to compliance by managing and administering a comprehensive Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) Compliance Independent Testing Program that evaluates the IHC’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations and discloses violations and control weaknesses.
Compliance Independent Testing will conduct compliance reviews of the various IHC activities and provide senior management with detailed reports regarding the extent of the IHC’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations along with value-added comments and recommendations where appropriate.
As an IHC Compliance Review Examiner, the successful candidate will promote and utilize objective and consistent IHC Compliance Testing methodologies and practices across the companies IHC Operating and Legal Entities in the U.S. and globally as applicable and in this regard converse with other IHC Legal Operating Entity Compliance Testers as well as representatives from Group Compliance, Global Financial Security (GFS) in the US, and other relevant parties.
- This position’s scope covers IHC activities in the US and coordination with other Compliance Testers in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America as appropriate;
- Work with multiple stakeholders including other Compliance Testing professionals in the Operating Entities and domain specialty groups to promote consistent best practices, testing and sampling methodologies and standards within the IHC;
- Develop, in consultation with other members, best practices and compliance review programs for specific business units and products based upon applicable laws, regulations and internal policies.
- Conduct compliance reviews in order to assess and review compliance with legal, regulatory and internal IHC policy and standards requirements.
- Escalate potential issues and exception items across the IHC noted during the review process for discussion and further investigation if deemed necessary.
- Prepare and distribute reports to IHC senior management detailing review findings and recommendations. Periodically report on significant activities conducted and planned for the upcoming period from an IHC perspective.
- Ensure that all IHC findings and recommendations are entered into the Reporting & Issue Tracking Application (Aurora) database for tracking purposes and perform periodic follow-up of open issues to ensure proper resolution.
- Analyze, report and present Compliance Testing results and themes across the Operating Entities comprising the CUSO/IHC.
- Conduct or assist with special investigations and projects as deemed necessary by senior Compliance and business management, as applicable to the IHC.
- Assist in compliance related matters during examinations by the firm’s regulators and internal auditors as applicable to the IHC.
The desired skills for this position include:
- Strong knowledge of U.S. securities, commodities, and banking regulations, including the rules and regulations of the SEC, CFTC and all exchanges and associations under such federal agencies, including FINRA, NYSE, CBOE, ISE, CME, NYMEX and ICE US.
- Strong ability to apply knowledge of rules and regulations to numerous types of trading activities and operational arrangements in addition to interpreting the effect of new regulations on these activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with front and back office staff and senior management.
- Excellent execution skills with the ability to work successfully under demanding deadlines and in a change management environment
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of the big picture (strategy) with an ability to execute tactically
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively across Americas Compliance not only on risk assessment work but with other complementary areas such as Independent Testing, Policies, Procedures and Standards, Training and Reporting and Analytics
- Ability to manage multiple compliance reviews and projects at the same time and meet timely deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access.
- Five to seven years of experience with a financial services firm and/or self-regulatory organization in a compliance or regulatory related position.
- BA or BS Degree a must.
- Graduate Degree a plus.
- Securities licenses preferred (Series 3,4,7,9/10,24)
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com