- Uses commercial credit underwriting skills to analyze and assess requests primarily for larger exposure commercial customers.
- Manually analyzes and decisions unsecured commercial credit underwriting requests from new and existing customers and make recommendations for requests within a limited period of time in accordance with credit department policies.
- Employs decisioning to meet bank, partner and customer credit requirements. Takes ownership to resolve issues/inquiries with warm caring and individualized attention using a variety of resources and systems.
- Performs financial analysis and makes recommendations on new and existing credits and exposures.
- Assists applicants requesting large lines of credit by analyzing the customer, interpreting the request, identifying the risk factors, performing a risk assessment, and providing a summary and recommendation in the processing system.
- Ensures adherence to company and credit policies, auditing procedures and department goals and standards.
- Identifies and escalates credit policy opportunities through system/strategy testing and procedural reviews.
- Performs efficiently while maintaining quality.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer issues and offers appropriate options to bring issues to resolution.
- Expected to perform efficiently while maintaining a high quality and exceptional customer service. In every case the
- Credit Underwriter should be emphatic, utilize caring words and present a warm, respectful tone. The Credit
- Underwriter will ensure the customer has a clear understanding of resolutions discussed and will share job knowledge concerning underwriting.
- Meets all contractual and regulatory turn-around times.
- Fosters and promotes teamwork and good morale.
- Performs special projects as determined by the needs of the Credit manager, other management, customer, or partner.
- Provides on-going, reliable input to management relevant to operational problems, issues, risks, and other matters.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs