Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
- This position is in the Independent Price Verification group and will be located in either Los Angeles or New York City. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work closely with various groups across the bank on valuation and reporting. This is also a great opportunity to gain exposure and a deeper understanding of various asset classes, including, but not limited to: derivatives (e.g., interest rate swaps, foreign exchange forwards and options and energy swaps and options), securities (e.g., mortgage backed securities, collateralized loan obligations) and other bank investments.
- You will be a member of a small bicoastal team of valuation experts.
This position will concentrate on the valuation of interest rate, foreign exchange and commodity derivatives, with the opportunity to work on other asset classes. The candidate must have experience with interest rate or foreign exchange derivatives valuation.
This position involves:
- Pricing derivatives, securities, loans and other investments
- Analyzing and manipulating large data sets to find inconsistencies, trends and other statistically relevant information
- Quantitatively analyzing individual trades and/or models to explain valuation details
- Building Excel based valuation and reporting workbooks
- Developing methods to automate repeatable processes
- Helping create and document methodologies, processes and procedures
- Deepening your understanding of advanced financial principles: quantitative financial concepts, financial reporting concepts, complex structures, exotic product types, etc.
- Researching industry norms and the regulatory environment to help improve the group
- Communicating with traders and asset managers to better understand investment positions
- Working with internal and external auditors and financial regulators
- Expanding group coverage into other asset categories
- Ad hoc projects
- A four-year college degree with an emphasis in finance, accounting, business, math or computer related program. Advanced degree in Finance, Math, Engineering and/or Business and/or a CFA designation are preferred.
- 3+ years experience pricing financial derivatives
- Strong proficiency with Excel, VBA and/or SQL
- Strong understanding of financial and valuation principles
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Highly motivated with intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work equally well on self-managed or team-oriented projects
Preferred candidates will have the following:
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Drive to independently learn complex subjects
- Familiarity with the following asset classes is a plus – CLOs, CMBS, Agency MBS, CMOs, non-Agency MBS, ABS (credit cards and autos), Loans
- Ability to collaborate with various levels of management, from first level supervisors to senior executives
- Knowledge of bank systems such as Bloomberg, Markit, Fincad, Matlab and Blackrock a plus