Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with strong work ethic, desire to work within a growing business, and ability to think outside the box? Wealth Management Professionals (WMP) supports all aspects of our US Portfolio Management Group (PMG) from an operational and account management standpoint. The team is seeking professionals with an understanding of capital markets who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong organizational / communication skills, and a focus on client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing the ongoing operations of PMG.
- US PMG is a dedicated and experienced team that is responsible for managing multi-asset class discretionary mandates primarily for institutional clients. This team brings together the independent investment strategy of the Investment Strategy Group (ISG), a rigorous investment process, and a broad range of implementation options, enabling the team to construct risk-focused portfolios designed specifically to each client’s unique considerations.
- The WMP in PMG provides relationship management and support to Private Wealth Management (PWM) teams by focusing on client service, serving as a key liaison to clients’ advisors, and assisting in managing the investment process. The WMP will be a main point of contact for PWM teams with respect to the client onboarding and transition process.. WMPs also play an integral role on the team in assisting with day to day portfolio administration.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Serve as a client service contact to clients / clients’ advisors while collaborating with PWM teams internally
- Plan and manage the new account onboarding process including: documentation, transition management, and funding while collaborating with Legal, Account Opening and other Operations teams
- Assist in managing portfolio implementation / rebalancing
- Assist in managing cash flows and cash balances
- Serve as key liaison to other areas of the firm supporting the PMG business including legal, compliance, operations and technology
- Lead or participate in efforts to improve operational efficiencies
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT:
US PMG business covers clients located throughout the United States.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Familiarity with GS PWM systems and workflows (PMG familiarity a plus)
- Manage the client onboarding and transition process for investment advisory relationships
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively to serve as primary support for operational needs
- Highly organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Demonstrated interest in financial, economic, and global capital markets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Creative thinker
- Proficiency in Windows technology (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Undergraduate degree required
- Series 7 and 66 required (must be obtained within three months of employment)