We’re a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Are you quantitative, client-focused and passionate about asset management? Do you see yourself in a fast-paced, international environment, helping to make investment decisions across a broad range of products and strategies? We are currently looking for a professional to join our Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) team to use their portfolio construction and trading skills and ideas to deliver outstanding investment solutions to our valued clients.
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
- The GSAM Quant team manages $110 billion across a variety of mandates including institutional portfolios, mutual funds and hedge funds, using sophisticated quantitative models that have been developed in an innovative research environment. The group is one of the largest direct quantitative managers in the world, and is recognized as an industry leader in quantitative portfolio management techniques. The team manages exposures to global stock, bond, currency and commodity markets to generate excess return, or alpha, for clients portfolios. As one of the longest-running quantitative teams in the industry, QIS has developed a strong reputation for innovation, excellence, teamwork and camaraderie.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are looking for an individual to fill an opening for a role in Portfolio Construction & Trading at Goldman Sachs Asset Management. For the role we are looking for an individual with the following background:
- Strong quantitative background with particular strength in statistics/financial modelling
- High level of detail orientation and exceptional precision
- High working ethics with ability to work long hours under pressure but still deliver high precision work
- Understanding of fundamental concepts in finance (in particular financial forecasting, portfolio optimization, risk management)
- Self-starter who can structure complex problems and comes up with creative solutions
- Significant experience in programming languages such as Matlab / R / C++
- Minimum 2 years trading experience
The role would include the following tasks:
- Portfolio Construction workflow
- Cross Asset Class Trading
- Research of quantitative trading algorithms
- Research of optimal implementation strategies
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 3 years relevant work experience during which time the candidate will have gained a strong understanding of at least one asset class
- Quantitative orientation; especially statistics and finance knowledge
- Detail orientation, organizational skills, initiative, motivation and a strong work ethic
- Programing and data analysis skills
- Integrity and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- At least 2 years trading experience