Role Value Proposition:
Over the last few years, MetLife has actively invested in its HR technology platforms and capabilities, with the aim of reducing complexity in HR processes and driving employee and manager self-service. This role – sitting in our newly formed HR digital strategy and employee experience team – will be instrumental in shaping deliberate and easy employee interactions through our online and digital channels.
- The Human Resources UX Strategist will be responsible for developing the high-level strategy for employee experience as well as leading all qualitative research (focus groups, journey mapping, usability testing, etc.) for the HR function. As the UX strategist within HR, you will partner within the function and with the business to understand the “voice of the employee” and redesign HR systems and processes with an employee-centered approach. Critical to success in this role is expertise in design thinking, a toolkit for UX standards and tools, and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders with competing priorities. The incumbent will coordinate with partners across MetLife (Global HR, Global Communications, Global Technology & Operations) to ensure alignment across simultaneous HR employee experience projects.
- Major projects include the development of a global HR portal strategy and implementation plan to all countries outside of the U.S.; the creation of journey maps and user flows for employees across critical processes in HR; and an evaluation and prioritization of manager and employee self-service opportunities. Creativity, an eye for design, and an understanding of the end-user is essential for this role.
- Supports the development of the overall strategy, vision, and 5-year plan for the HR Digital and Employee Experience team.
- Establishes a design-thinking culture within HR and help the function adopt a user- centric design approach to delivering delightful employee experiences.
- Develops framework for global HR portal roll-out, including prioritization of markets and timelines for execution.
- Oversee ideation sessions with stakeholders to share insights, identify areas of opportunity, co-create solutions and prioritize accordingly.
- Conduct research with employees/managers to identify triggers, needs, attitudes, behaviors, pain-points and touch-points encountered in their current journeys to design ideal state journeys.
- Work with our Global Brand and Marketing organization on the development/maintenance of HR visual design guidelines, pattern libraries, content/messaging guidelines for global distribution.
- Work with internal stakeholders (Corporate Communications, Technology, Brand and Marketing) to ensure alignment and global consistency of project roll outs.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- UX Design, Service Design, Design-thinking, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors/HCI, Anthropology or related area.
- 10+ years of relevant business experience.
- 5+ years of experience planning and conducting user research sessions, stakeholder interviews and workshops.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills are essential. Must be able to demonstrate an ability to disseminate information in a concise and clear way, communicate effectively with the global partners, as well as internal HR stakeholders; an ability to make the complex seem simple.
- Experience working in a global environment.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Proactive, inquisitive, data oriented individual who is willing to hit the ground running; brings clarity to situations that are less defined or ambiguous.
- Creativity, an eye for aesthetics and design, and a ability to understand and empathize with the qualitative ‘journey’ of an employee across the globe.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Human Resources experience is a plus.