- The HR Business Partner (HRBP) collaborates with all levels of management to develop, recommend and implement human resource strategies aligned with business needs that support the achievement of corporate objectives. The incumbent provides consultative advice to senior leaders on issues and initiatives, contributing to employee engagement, motivation, retention and optimal productivity. He/She operates independently on complex projects and initiatives with far reaching impact, receiving general guidance from the VP, HR.
- Arch MI is a new and growing mortgage insurance company with a strong and global parent – Arch Capital Group Ltd. If you’re interested in joining a dynamic company and working with a team of motivated, high caliber people, apply today and come grow with us!
- Interfaces with business clients (up through Executive level officers) to identify new opportunities for HR to add value. Consults, influences and partners with management on strategic business/HR initiatives, analyzing trends, patterns and HR implications of business goals.
- Contributes to the business strategy, serving as consultant and change agent to help leaders identify and prioritize opportunities for changes that improve organizational capabilities/efficiencies, behaviors, structures, and processes. Advises on implementation and communication plans resulting from organizational changes.
- Investigates and resolves employee relations issues and complaints. Resolves difficult and complex issues applying a systematic approach using sound judgment and personal influence.
- Proactively coaches and influences managers, developing their people management / leadership skills.
- Partners with HR peers to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs. Monitors and strives to integrate HR services within the business unit, communicating and ensuring compliance and consistency with all HR policies.
- Ensures effective implementation and rollout of HR processes / programs at the business level, serving as a consultant to the business units on strategic HR related issues.
- Facilitates talent review and succession planning, highlighting talent performance issues. Drives consistent and high quality performance review processes to achieve improved levels of performance.
- Leads workforce planning efforts to achieve business objectives. Develops staffing plans and recruiting strategies with management at all levels of the organization.
- Manages complex projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and participates in functional and cross-functional initiatives. May act as backup to the HR VP on some strategic initiatives.
- Develops and delivers relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Broad expertise and credibility in HR practices, concepts, trends and issues. Strong knowledge of HR legislative and legal issues, employment related laws.
- General knowledge of performance management, training, development, workforce planning and succession planning practices and concepts.
- Substantial business acumen and comprehensive understanding of the link between HR and business strategy to effectively consult with management.
- High level project management skills; ability to develop actionable steps and plans that support business strategy and deal with ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- High level customer orientation; ability to engage, inspire and influence employees / management. Negotiation?
- Strong consultative, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills to effectively partner with all levels of management and deal with employee relations situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Education & Experience:
Required knowledge and skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in business or related field with 5+ years related experience and HR certification.