The HR Business Partner contributes to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the businesses they support and the Global Human Resources Department. Working in partnership with the business, our HR group develops strategies to assist the business in achieving their goals. This HR Business Partner role will assist in providing strategic and tactical HR services to a specific Russell Investment business units (or units), including, but not limited to, activities related to recruitment, employee relations, talent development, performance, compensation and benefits and other HR projects and initiatives as required.
This role will allow you to build strong partnerships with our Leaders, Managers and Associates. We are seeking a proactive team player with an ability to work in a systematic, fast paced environment, manage various tasks simultaneously and work with changing priorities.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Assist with HR program implementation within the business units.
- Provide proactive HR support managing all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Partner with leadership and managers to cultivate trusted. relationships, build team work in the business and help ensure associates have the support to provide their best work.
- Monitor adherence to all HR policies, practices and procedures. Interpret and communicates policies. Ensures accurate and timely HR data for assigned business units.
- As a steward of the company’s values, advise and contribute to creating a diverse, inclusive, productive and high integrity work environment.
- Ensure all associates receive accurate answers to queries within a reasonable time frame. This may require escalating to appropriate functional area or HR leadership. Conduct Exit interviews for departing associates.
- Partner with recruiting and the business to help scope roles for appropriate hiring.
- Partner with compensation regarding job leveling – help manage expectations with business from a budget standpoint.
- Assist with new hire and onboarding process.
- Assist with Workday(Russell’s HRIS tool) queries, entry and reporting, specifically during performance review cycle.
- Assist with performance management and compensation review during year-end process.
- Assist with annual talent review and succession planning.
- Utilize Workday (Russell’s HR Information System) to ensure data integrity, data input and changes, reporting and education with manager awareness.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required (associate survey, compensation analysis, writing job descriptions).
- Own and develop executive and manager client relationships.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Minimum of 7 years Human Resources work experience, preferably in a financial services firm or banking.
- Experience and knowledge of human resources regulations, state and federal employment law, employee relations and relevant administration practices.
- Professional and consultative approach in working with all levels of executives, leaders, management and employees.
- Knowledge of change management processes.
- Experience with organizational design processes.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information as well as possessing skills to handle situations in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and follow through on multiple priorities and assignments.
- Ability to be flexible, but also to distinguish when appropriate to maintain boundaries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
- SHRM designations (SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR or SPHR) , preferred.
- Professional experience with Workday HRIS (preferred).
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong client orientation.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Possess the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.