Our client, A top –tier hedge fund, is searching for an exceptional individual to join their Tax team. The Tax team is located in Dallas, the firm’s headquarters, and is responsible for the tax compliance and consulting needs of the companies funds, management companies and Managing Directors.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join a highly visible team whose role includes participating in all aspects of the Tax function. This includes tax compliance, tax consulting, ensuring adherence to firm policies, maintaining and developing internal and external relationships, and sponsoring change to continually improve. We have a flat organizational structure that enables employees to grow beyond their current job scope early on in their career at this firm.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate with Fund Accounting, Investor Accounting, and Financial Reporting to obtain data for tax return preparation.
- Prepare U.S. and international tax returns for funds and management companies, including U.S. Sales and Use Tax and U.K. VAT Tax.
- Prepare federal and state tax returns and estimated tax payments for Managing Directors.
- Process tax depreciation for management companies.
- Manage Form 1099 and Form 1042 reporting for funds and management companies.
- Assist Tax team with international tax consulting. This includes understanding dividend, interest and capital gains tax rules and rates in various international jurisdictions and communicating those rules and rates to investment professionals.
- Perform various special projects within the Tax team, including policy and procedure documentation, data analysis, and working with HBK’s development team to enhance tax systems.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with an exemplary GPA from a top tier accounting program. Comfortable with numbers, quantitative analysis and problem solving.
- 3-9 years of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to remain poised and confident when communicating at all levels within the firm. Ability to research and respond quickly to questions raised by employees including senior management.
- Strong analytical skills to assess and solve problems efficiently. Show initiative by analyzing a situation, recommending alternatives, and implementing new or enhanced procedures, when necessary.
- Effective time management and organization skills. Must be able to evaluate and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Sound sense of judgment. Should be able to successfully apply firm policies while understanding the business needs under various circumstances.
- High degree of curiosity and self-motivated to succeed.
- Experience with ProSystem fx Tax software is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant
Please send resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com