Responsible for establishing and managing an enterprise-wide Technology risk management program by instituting an end-to-end program, including: Ongoing risk assessment, strategic planning, implementation, communication, training and awareness activities in response to identified risk areas at Bank of the West and its affiliated activities. As necessary, acts as a liaison for the Risk department, maintaining effective and professional relationships with Information Technology, Information Security, Third Party Program Office, Business Continuity Management, business and support areas, internal and external auditors, Federal and State regulators, and others dealt with in a professional capacity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promotes and drives operational risk awareness corporate-wide.
- Where appropriate leads teams of Technology and Operational Risk professionals in support of bank wide operational risk goals and objectives.
- Stays current in Technology specific operational risk management techniques, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares Risk Reporting or participates, as requested
- Builds proactive and influential working relationships with senior management
- Assists Risk professionals across the company in supervising, directing, training, mentoring, and evaluating staff, and in developing a strong team effort among the staff members.
- Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations regarding the design and implementation of the operational risk management framework.
- As necessary, acts as a liaison for the department, maintaining effective and professional relationships with information technology, information security, Third Party Program Office, Business Continuity Management, business and support areas, internal and external auditors, Federal and State regulators, and others dealt with in a professional capacity.
- Assists the Head of Operational Risk with the establishing and sustaining best in class operational risk program.
- Partners across the IHC to ensure sound integration of Technology Risk program
- Develop methodologies and practices to build a technology risk framework that drives risk-aware, transparent decision making.
- Established risk based metrics, scorecards and dashboards to track performance as well as identify and monitor trends across the Bank.
- Accomplishes Risk assignments within stipulated schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10 or more years directly related Risk Management experience
- 5 or more years supervisory/managerial experience
- Combination of education and experience (years /description) Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with providing legal support to business units which may be impacted by European Union data protection and privacy laws
- Extensive knowledge of Technology and Banking products in an operating environment, as they relate to risk management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning/organization/prioritization abilities.
- Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
- Strong experience with control and disclosure systems
- Strong experience with financial and regulatory reporting
- Strong knowledge of banking laws, regulations, accounting pronouncements, and SEC regulations