The individual will manage a team of HR professionals performing a variety of compensation activities, including providing subject matter expertise and guidance to Senior Business, Function and HR management regarding compensation decisions affecting employees, managing/leading annual compensation planning processes, and analyzing and reporting internal and external market compensation and other comparative data.
Reporting to the Head of Global Cash Compensation and the Head of Human Resources for Commercial Banking to effectively lead the Compensation function, developing the compensation strategy, policy and planning as well as program design and implementation, in partnership with business executives and HR colleagues. H/She will ensure the design, implementation and governance of the following programs: job evaluation; salary administration; annual incentives; business aligned incentives (production/sales) and supplemental pay programs. In addition, the incumbent will partner with HR Regulatory Affairs and other control partners to support the regulatory related work efforts.
- Acts as the trusted advisor and lead consultant to clients on all compensation related matters as part of the CB HR Management Team to deliver compensation programs and procedures that align with the firm’s compensation strategy and enable the business to attract, motivate and retain top talent.
- Participate in the firm-wide Compensation Management team to influence, shape and contribute to the firm-wide compensation agenda.
- Develops and implements compensation strategies and programs that support long term strategic business plans within the broader framework of the firm and CB HR objectives.
- Partners with business executives and control partners on business aligned incentive programs including design, plan performance and controls.
- Work with finance and the business to determine, communicate and implement compensation plans that include specific performance measures and ensure proper reporting and accounting as appropriate.
- Work with HR Regulatory Affairs, the LOB HR Exec and Control partners to support regulatory related work efforts, including on-going business processes and periodic exams.
- Stay current on emerging trends in the industry;
- actively assess firm practices and policies;
- understand the competitive landscape and regulatory/legislative fronts;
- and assess the impact they have to the business and on compensation practices.
- Build and lead a team of world class compensation professionals by:
- educating, developing and empowering them to exceed expectations; ensuring a culture of meritocracy and career mobility.
- 15 years of broad, global compensation experience, with particular emphasis on plan design and governance
Knowledge of consumer banking industry required and a strong financial background
- Proven track record in creating a framework and processes to develop, lead and implement strategies and well controlled processes at scale.
- Ability to lead a function and a team and operate as a practice leader in compensation with some specialized knowledge of varying compensation models in financial services
- Strong internal consulting, presentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence senior executives of the organization
- Client focused, proactive and results oriented, with ability to work within a global, matrixed, complex business and build strong relationships and partnerships across all lines of businesses
- Strong project management skills; ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities
Consistently demonstrate an ability to make sound judgments, provide fact-based advice grounded in data and analytics and deliver under pressure.
- A track record demonstrating high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating leadership
- Proven ability to identify trends, with proven exceptional analytic and financial management skills
Remain a leader who is “hands-on” and is able to dive into details as necessary