Analysts in the GSO Capital Markets group will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of Leveraged Loans and High Yield Bonds trading and Leveraged Finance Capital Markets. Analysts are expected to assume an integral role in the business and can expect to be staffed on a number of assignments at one time.
Analysts will work on a wide range of transactions and responsibilities will typically include:
- Pricing of portfolios
- Creating relative value spreadsheets
- Daily interaction with banks/counterparties
- Managing portfolio auctions
- Learning all aspects of Leveraged Loan and High Yield Bond trading and Leveraged Finance Capital Markets
- Assisting in managing HY Bond and Loan new issue process including collecting internal orders and updated information from the lead banks
- Aiding in resolving trade and settlement related issues
- Liaising with PMs, Analysts, Traders and Middle Office to ensure accurate and efficient management of new deal announcements, internal investment process and order management.
- Working with middle office to facilitate timely new deal closing and funding, booking/settlement of secondary trades and corporate action voting
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- 2 – 4 years of relevant experience in the financial industry
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel