The purpose of this role is to promote a Values-based compliance culture across the Global Support Functions building the capability for values based decision making and to ensure that as the Global Support Functions deliver their objectives, they have the tools and knowledge to spot and manage risks as they arise.
- Lead for Global Support Functions (GSF) in the planning/ execution/ delivery of significant Global Ethics and Compliance (GEC) and Business Unit (BU) initiatives.
- Communications: Manage the GSF communications plan, working with Comms and GSF CO to coordinate content delivery.
- Work with the GSF Ethics and Compliance team to develop efficient standardized GSF Ethics and Compliance reporting.
- Project management – often cross-functional as required.
- Work with the GEC Centres of Excellence as required on the design of ethics and compliance programs and champion the GSF perspective.
- Oversight of all compliance investigations related to GSF including:
- Work with investigation team to agree on scope and protocol
- Engage with stakeholders
- Ensure investigative activities are conducted in line with GSK Values.
- Review and endorse reports and manage Corrective Actions arising from Investigations • Ensure investigation outcomes are reported and closed on a timely basis.
- Maintain and manage case related documentation ensuring the case management systems are up to date.
- Working knowledge of what constitutes an effective control framework and supporting compliance programmes
- Ethics and Compliance experience in a global pharmaceutical or related healthcare organization or consultancy firm supporting healthcare clients.
- Understanding of the regulatory, society and economic trends of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in a highly matrixed organisation across geographies and cultures.
- Connected with peers in the industry to allow sharing of best practices
- Some relevant management experience in GSK or similar organisation.
- Ethics & Compliance and/or Investigations experience strongly preferred
- Track record in providing high degree of reliance, accountability, and value-added consultation/support to senior business managers and other support functions.
- Ability to provide strategic advice as well as operational solutions.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle highly confidential matters an exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Strong problem solving skills that are pragmatic, which demonstrates a strong understanding of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate Compliance and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audience, including CET members
- Ability to assess / analyse complex business issues/ information and develop appropriate conclusions and make recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to challenge senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence others to work in accordance with company Values.