We’re a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- GSAM is one of the world’s leading investment manager providing institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. Product areas include mutual funds, separate accounts, exchange-traded funds and alternative investments across all asset classes, including hedge funds, private equity, fixed income and equities. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
- The Sales Attribution role is part of the Sales Management team which is part of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Americas Client Business. Our team closely collaborates with senior management to drive growth and profitability of the business by assisting with strategic initiatives, reporting, analysis and business planning. We develop and maintain business / market analytics and sales metrics for divisional and business managers with a clear focus on accuracy and consistency of data. Our team works closely with Technology to enhance business reporting and client relationship management infrastructure as well as streamline processes that impact the broader sales teams. The Sales Attribution role is responsible for maintaining accurate mutual fund sales data to facilitate reporting and analysis for GSAM Client Business. This individual will support data quality initiatives by leveraging internal and external applications and databases. Additionally, the person in this role will partner with GSAM business, GSAM technology, and external vendors to facilitate the use of complete and accurate sales data.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented analyst or associate to join our Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Americas Client Business, which is part of our Investment Management Division (IMD). In this role, you will partner with various groups within Americas Client Business to provide analytical support regarding our distribution efforts inside key client firms, platforms, and other focus areas. In addition, you will support data quality initiatives by leveraging internal and external applications and databases, by partnering with GSAM businesses, Technology and external vendors to facilitate the use of complete and accurate sales data. You will work with large amounts of data in both an independent and collaborative setting, helping provide analytical support towards the broader management team.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Review, enrich and maintain investor level trade and balance data
- Bespoke and ad-hoc reporting for internal sales and management teams
- Build and develop close working relationships with cross functional teams across the organization
- Collaborate with salespeople and managers on data research/analysis requests
- Analyze data workflow and processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Investigate and resolve sales data inaccuracies and issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2 – 4 years of relevant work experience, Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies, preferred
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and driven; able to work efficiently and independently
- Interest in building a career in asset management and has a solid financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation / comfortable collecting, analyzing and interpreting large databases or data sets
- Project management skills; highly organized; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with and build relationships with people from varied departments and levels of seniority
- Strong problem solving skills and abilities, able to craft unique solutions with limited guidance
- Ability to work at varying speeds and under timeframe pressure, while maintaining extremely high standards
- High sensitivity to confidential Information; has sound judgment and integrity
- Strong skills in Excel (v lookups, pivot tables, simple macros, etc.), PowerPoint (basics for creating graphs/charts in client presentations) and Access (formulas, writing and editing macros, queries, data maintenance, etc.)
- Previous experience with large databases, datasets, or academic research
- Understanding or willingness to learn computer language (SQL and VBA)