Within the Americas Risk Management Risk and Controls Office, manage remediation and reporting of open issues and provide subject matter expertise for review and challenge functions and participate in risk governance committees and routines for the Risk, Legal and Chief of Staff organizations.
Within the Americas Risk Management Risk and Control team, lead all aspects of the issue management process for regulatory, audit and self-identified issues across all phases of the process, i.e. identification, remediation, monitoring and reporting. Specific responsibilities include:
Working with directly with business leads to identify and manage open issues, including participation in ARM regulatory reviews and internal audits to facilitate early identification of issues
Reviewing and challenging remediation plans
Monitoring remediation and tracking required tollgates
Review and challenge of issue remediation actions to validate closure
Maintaining data integrity in the system of record (OpenPages)
Monthly reporting for senior management including analysis of root cause and trends
Responsibilities will also include participation in risk governance committees and routines and special initiatives.
- Requires a BA or BS degree and 10+ years’ experience in risk management within a financial institution
- Excellent skills in risk assessment analysis and a solid understanding of business and financial markets
- Must have an understanding of industry risk management practices and an ability to analyze risk trends, assess controls and identify signs of changing risk levels
- Strong management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to interact with all levels of management