Our client, a well known Non-Profit organization that responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises is seeking a Compliance Specialist.
- Act as focal point for all major compliance matters related to US Government donors (State Department, USAID, USDA, DOL, etc);
- Strong knowledge of 2 CFR 200 and FAR regulations;
- Develop and maintain strong relations with key staff at various USG agencies, as well as the company’s internal stakeholders: IPD, Finance, ECU, and OGC as needed;
- Advise both program and finance stakeholders of any changes made to USG compliance regulations and assess their impact on the firms programs;
- Engage with field offices and regional teams as needed to provide input and develop solutions on major USG compliance matters;
- Work closely with the Sr Director and the compliance team to develop the firms policies and guidelines as needed to ensure optimal implementation of USG compliance requirements;
- Work with Deputy VP AMU and Regional Grants Directors as needed to ensure there is a strong understanding of what issues need to be escalated and ensure there is a strong communication flow;
- Provide technical support for regional and financial controllers regarding USG compliance on budgetary issues;
- Serve as the company’s in-house organizational expert on USG grants and contracts rules and regulations, staying abreast of all financial, administrative, and contract related business practice developments;
- Disseminate contract policy changes in a timely and user friendly manner throughout the agency as needed;
- Assist country programs in resolution of any USG award management issues, such as delays in agreement signing, delays in payments, audit findings, irregular interpretation of award terms, etc.
- Ensure quality assurance is provided to select processes for internal compliance. For example, manage and conduct compliance audits to ensure that internal review and approval processes for awards are being followed;
- Participate in the development/revision/review of future Grants Manuals;
- Work closely with the Sr Director of Compliance and the Director of Training to provide training on USG compliance matters;
- Represent the firm in external fora and liaise with donors and partners as needed;
- Participate in special projects, as needed;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director.
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in interpreting and applying statutory and regulatory language in executing awards and contracts from USG entities and in maintaining a current knowledge of changes in the language, application and enforcement of this language;
- Developed understanding of professional business standards required to create a high performing and accountable environment;
- Experience with USG contracts and CAS compliance a plus;
- Experience in organizational problem solving, operations, high performance management in complex but low resource organizations;
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience working with a variety of USG agencies such as DOS, USAID, DOL, USDA, DHS, CDC, etc;
- Previous experience with international nonprofit organizations preferred;
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills;
- Previous experience providing compliance training in a multicultural setting.
Please send resumes to: JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com